Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The "LOST PUPPY" Cartoon Allegory

Why didn't anyone tell the lady in the cartoon that the dog was in her butt?

Hypothetically speaking, have you ever walked by a mirror and noticed you had something green stuck in your teeth and then realized that it’s 4 o’clock in the afternoon and you’ve picked up the kids from preschool, been to the grocery store, the library, the dry cleaner AND interviewed a new cleaning lady since you ate lunch and NOBODY mentioned the small GARDEN sprouting from your lateral incisors?!!


And have you ever had one of those “You know you’re a (fill in the blank) when…” moments, but instead of making a joke about a stereotype, you are actually being serious and talking about yourself?


Well, combine those two, and you have…



I wonder how long I walked around like that?!?

Instead of a piece of food in my teeth, it was a lollipop stick stuck to my shirt. And to be honest, my life is always such a blur of activity, I can’t actually remember what I did the day I walked around with some of my children’s TRASH stuck to my sweater, but you get the idea. Knowing my two, they probably thought I was wearing the best jewelry ever! I’m damn lucky that both of my little ones are potty trained…I wonder if I’d notice a diaper taped to my sweater? So much for trying to be a "Posh Spice/Victoria Beckham” mom...ok, ok, at the very least, simply "put together" on a regular basis. It doesn’t matter how many pairs of Lucky Jeans or 7 for All Mankind jeans you have (and FYI…for me, that is 1 and 0 respectively!), or how small of a size they are. It doesn’t matter if you have perfect highlights, “enhanced” boobies and drive a Suburban instead of a minivan, lest people discover that you have, in fact, given birth. When you walk around all day with candy stuck to your tummy, you’re busted.


“You know you’re a mom when your kids were given lollipops at the bank at 10 am, but you didn’t discover the lollipop stick stuck to your tummy until dinnertime.”

3 comments:

lamandahugnkiss said...

At least your kids weren't running around the airport licking lollipops and sticking them to strangers.

Anonymous said...

best picture ever!! i am wearing an old lollipop today!

marathon mom said...

Love it!!! I had a mom at preschool come up to me and say 'I don't know you, but you have stickers on your butt'. Always a nice way to meet people.