It’s Thursday (yes, I know what day it is today!) and I’m back from “The Twilight Zone.” V and I were working puzzles together and M was upstairs playing (can you guess?) Legos. Suddenly we heard a horrible shreak. At first I thought M’s K’nex or Lego project he was working on dropped or fell apart. But when M yelled, “MOMMY!” he sounded like he’d been bit by a snack, or was about to throw up. I could hear the fear and tears in his voice. I leaped up from my puzzle and ran to my panicked son.
“What happened, Honey? What’s wrong?!” I screamed equally terrified.
Wait for it…wait for it…
“I stuck a Lego up my nose and I CAN’T GET IT OUT!”
Oh.
It seems my little Jimmy Neutron (I write with a grain of salt, and tongue in cheek!) decided it would be interesting to cram a K’nex wheel spacer into his right nostril. I’m sure it seemed like a great idea at the time, however he did NOT have a plan for extraction. I took a deep breath and told him to look up. I was positive I was going to look in there and find that it was so far up in his head I was going to have to bring him to Urgent Care. So I was pleasantly surprised to find the culprit sitting just inside the orifice. I held the opposing nare shut, and ordered…
“BLOW!”
And out the wheel spacer flew, like Mr. Naughty shooting across the treadmill yesterday. As usual, nature keeps her balance. Maybe M will be the first person in history to win a Nobel Prize AND a Darwin Award, poor kid. No Physics proofs today, today we are stuffing foreign bodies into our face. And (thankfully) I am happy to report our status as Situation Normal, All Fu--- well, you know the rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment