Monday, March 24, 2008

"Size 6"

My son is “in between” size 5 and size 6. Subsequently, most of his Spring/Summer shorts are size 5, while a select few pairs (consignment store, of course) are size 6. They are too big.

The other day I accidentally grabbed a pair of size 6’s while getting M dressed and out the door for a fun day with Daddy! With a black “I do all my own stunts” t-shirt (complete with little stick figure man falling down), and cute (if not large) cargo shorts in full effect, the boys left the house and the girls ran out to the bike store to purchase big brother’s first two-wheeler.


When we all returned home, M’s pants were fitting noticeably better. Since I am married to a Design Engineer and NOT a SARTOR, I felt it necessary to investigate. While what I found didn’t necessarily horrify me, it didn’t surprise me either. Big Daddy discovered that his pants weren’t staying up properly so he solved the problem as only an Engineer could…


Engineer Daddy + Son with Loose Shorts =


That's hot. As usual, we're fashion icons...