“It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.” ~Author Unknown
I spend so much time in my house making sure that laundry is done, toys are picked up and kitchen counters are wiped down; crumb and germ-free. We eat here, sleep here…we live here. We live in a building, four walls, roof and floor that keep us safe and comfortable; our lovely family of four and our four cats (yes, even the outside cat gets brought into the garage at night, for safety!)
Then there are the moments that make a house a home. What fabulous, warm feelings those are! On Thursday, I (reluctantly and worriedly) hosted my son’s preschool Easter Egg Hunt at our house. During the night before, I awoke, with horror, to hear rain falling outside. Luckily, the next morning was sunny and cool and the Egg Hunt could go on! I had about 200 candy-filled Easter Eggs to hide in my backyard. The sun was shining, birds were chirping and the air was fresh and smelled like Spring. The “dread” and stress I was feeling about hosting the event evaporated instantly. I had so much fun and I silently hid eggs among my emerging Day-lillies and Hydrangeas. When I was done, I stood back and looked at my yard, grass glistening from last night’s rain, littered with pastel-colored "virgin" easter eggs waiting patiently for the excitedly giddy, sticky hand of a 4 year old to come and find it, and place it excitedly in their Easter Basket. AH! When the kids arrived, I noticed that they were all dressed up. It made me feel good to see that I wasn’t the only Mom who put their children in Easter clothes for the egg hunt. Somehow, all the little dresses and sweater vests made the Easter Egg Hunt more of an event. Seeing all of those eggs scattered around the playset and yard, and all of the children laughing, playing and having a great time was wonderful. In the end, I was so happy and thankful that I had the party here after all, it became one of those magical moments that makes a house a home.
HAPPY EASTER!
I hid eggs on the playset (check out the eggs on the climbing wall and swings!)
Finding eggs...
Friends comparing booty
2 comments:
Aww...thanks for the pics.
Adorable!!! I am so happy things went so well. I can't wait for your family Easter pics!!!!
Post a Comment