Thursday, February 21, 2008

Away From the Nest

Away From the Nest I LOVE my husband. I mean, I really *love* him. I don't think I could have found a better person to share my life with, love romantically, and be "domestic partners" with. I believe in the dedication and devotion we have made to each other and our marriage, and I feel bleesed to be avowed to him.

I left to go out of town today...which, a) I HATE travelling b) I haven' t spent more than a night away from my kids in 4 years (this time I will be spending two nights, and although it DOES provide a mini-reprieve, my heart aches without them. And c) I miss Big Daddy

Even thought he *scolded* me for purchasing a hairdryer and staightening iron since I forgot to pack mine (don't worry, I reminded him that his hair is an inch long, and mine is past my bra strap, and included threats with the words "no" and "va-jay-jay" and I think he got the hint to stop talking...), I miss him.

I also love that we have our special song. So it shouldn't have surprised me that as I drove away from his work today (we traded cars at lunch so he could have the minivan with carseats) the radio station, tuned to classic rock, played "our song." It reminds me of when we VERY FIRST starting dating, and actually heard this song live. It's a little cliche-y...but love, by definition, is cheesey, so get over it!

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

Hope the conference went well- can't wait to hear about it!