Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dog Show!

Did anyone else watch the Dog Show last night? I did. With wine. As nerdy as it is, I have to admit that I do get a thrill from watching the best representations of each breed (the Bichon, the Aussie and the Border Collie were among my favs) and of course it goes without saying that I cried during each and every Purina commercial showing a dog in the clink (obvi.) But good for them...there are SO many AWESOME "mutts" looking for good homes. Please spay and neuter your pets! I can't wait until tonight to see the working dogs...GO PYRENEES!!! But I must comment...



I know this topic has been covered ad nauseum, however, I feel I must pose the question...What the eff is up with the outfits and cankles on EVERY SINGLE dog handler? Is it a requirement that each "runner" wear a pair of tired, stretched out flats from Goodwill and a Mother-of-the-Bride "skirt suit" from 1982? Do they even MAKE skirt suits anymore? I'm sure if I looked, I'd be hard pressed to find one. I mean, even the JC Penney catalog, which actually still sells "bloomers," girdles and and old-fashioned garter belts remains skirt-suit free. But it got me thinking...Lord knows my "career" path has zigged and zagged with the randomness of a butterfly's flight, why not "Dog Handler?" I wonder how one secures that gig? But here's the thing. I will NOT cut my hair short, perm it, or wear it in any style that requires "hot rollers" and hairspray. I will not wear flats, penny loafers or slip ons...ballet flats would be pushing it. I will not wear "slacks," ankle-length skirts or a "she-blazer." And Joan Collins doesn't wear shoulder pads anymore, neither will I. I will, however, look like this while waiting to go on...

And here I am just before hitting the floor with my dog. Yes, those are roller skates. Do you think they have a rule about that?
But Heavens, I couldn't have my heiny hanging out like that, I'm sure the television censors would not be ok with my shorty-shorts. So here are my fish-nets. Oh, and if the skates were a no-go, I would wear the polka-dot heels, instead.


And don't think it couldn't happen, I never thought I'd be milking goats, either!

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

This had me laughing!! I googled some pictures of the dog show- oh my goodness those dresses and the crankles comment is right on!! I do think the roller skates would add a fun twist to the dog show, but you'd have to show a froofy poodle with the big ball at the end of it's tail and on it's paws.