Saturday, July 19, 2008

Not My Typical Week, But In A GOOD Way!

It’s OK to hate something you’re really good at. Case in point…my cake baking/decorating abilities. I'm creative, original, GREAT at decorating...BUT...I hate it. And NO one would pay for my "imperfect" work. Yes, I leave "lines" in my frosting, and my kids DO stick their grubby fingers in in when I'm not looking. No "Ace of Cakes" here, more like "Roseanne of Cakes." Ya' dig? First was M’s most awesome Lego cake, and only a short 6 days later, came Big Daddy’s “Refrigerator Cake.”


Much like M’s birthday, Tina was like, “Brownie, what are you going to do?” When I asked for a cake suggestion, Tina’s instant recommendation was “Refrigerator!” as a nod to Big Daddy’s livelihood as a design engineer for a major appliance manufacturer who also employs one of America’s Sweethearts as their adorable Spokeswoman.


In other news, I just signed on for an awesome NIGHTIME race (the coolness factor of the South never ceases to amaze me…just when you think someone else is doing it bigger or better, we have a race…at NIGHT…) I’m doing the 1 mile and then a half hour later, the 5K. Don’t tell my mom (remember the first rule of Brownie Exercising? Don’t talk about Brownie Exercising…she thinks I’m just doing the 5K…)
Even though my Gay, who saw a recent picture of me asked me, “So, how hungry are you?” A compliment, a jab AND an inside joke about cheerleaders dating back to WAAAAAY back when…(side note: if you EVER have a chance to have YOUR Gay mimic a bunch of high school cheerleaders winning a competition by yelling, “Yeah! Yeah!!! Oh God, I’m so hungry…” take it!!!)

I’m still excited about trying this race. Which brings me back to paragraph Number One. I also hate running. I wonder…does anyone actually LIKE running? Or do we all just like being thin and fit, and don’t want to admit to it because then we sound shallow? Not me. I’ll take “shallow and vain” because I do NOT like running. Although running in a race is pretty “ok.”


Speaking of fitness…has anyone else heard that the DAY before Nicole URBAN had little Sunday Rose she did a FULL BACK BEND in yoga class? Like I said…there’s always someone who can do it bigger and better. And don’t try to tell me she did that because she likes yoga. She did it because she doesn’t want her baby to make her fat. Is NINE MONTHS out of your life too much to ask? I’m just sayin’. Seriously, Entertainment Media, thank you for constantly reminding me that Nicole was preggo, because GOO, couldn’t tell AT ALL by the pictures. It’s your first kid, Dude! Live it UP! Love your kid, Nic, but give it a damn break. M’kay? Take one for the "team." I can't WAIT to hear all about how "breastfeeding" helped her shed all her "baby weight." Riiiiiiiiigggggt.


Speaking of kids…Tina and I brought our kids to the farm and to the pool on Friday! I don't acknowledge them very often, but...Thank you, Stay at Home Momma Gods, for the day was OURS!

One of the Guardian Dogs. And YES, he WILL NOT HESTITATE to EAT you in ONE gulp…if you mess with his girls…including ME!



The boys achieve a DOUBLE “Butt Buster," while V watches, in awe, from the sidelines...


Totally good times! Check out me and my favorite macho (our awesome Latin worker’s name for the bucks on the farm)


and my “mystery drink” at the pool. I wonder what’s in that cup??? (Hint…if you know me…you know.)


5 comments:

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I can understand the not liking running thing (I hated it for four years during track in high school), but the not liking cake decorating thing? How can you not like that? Did you set the bar too high? Did you do too awesome a job and now everyone demands it of you?

One Little Brownie said...

I think it's my inner "Desperate Housewife" secret Type-A personality that puts too much pressure on myself. And of course, no one REALLY cares about the way the cake *looks.* They're like, "stick the candles on that puppy, light 'em up, blow 'em up and LET'S EAT!"

Stephanie M said...

I will DEFINITELY have my gay imitate a hungry cheerleader next time I see him!! Funny! And Nicole doing a back bend - WHATEVER!!! As for babies not making me fat, what about me not making my husband go to rehab?

Anonymous said...

You are way too talented girl to let that go to waste! Love the refrigerator drink dispenser on your cake! Very ahem . . . artistic!!

SuperMel said...

OMG...the refrig handles are brilliant! Congrats on the races...I know you will do spectacular (evening races are the best, not so hot and can go to sleep and/or drink wine afterwards). Let me know when that race is in October and I'll totally flee this swamp to see you guys!