Thursday, July 31, 2008

Who Drives A Moped? Another Favorite Southern Euphemism

Some people call this:

a “MOPED.”

But here in the South, we have another word for one of those. It’s definitely not a car, not quite a bike and not really a motorcycle, either. My friends, when you are driving in your car and you see this:


outside your window driving along side you well then, son, that boy’s takin’ a ride on the

LIQUORCYCLE

Oh Dear!

While it is unfair to generalize, it is a widely held notion that the reason a fella is peddling along through morning traffic on his way to work is because his driver’s license was either a) revoked or b) suspended for being chemically inconvenienced by alcohol while driving a motor vehicle. More specifically, nicked for DWI or DUI.


Should I perpetuate the stereotype that every redneck on a moped is actually a drunk with no license? Well, since my state has no searchable moped laws or regulations, I’m just going to go ahead and be a troll.

Remember folks, the next time you see a moped on the road, give that puppy a

W I D E B I R T H…There’s just no telling why or how a man ends up driving…the Liquorcycle.



Don't Drink and Drive...Click HERE

No comments: