Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yes, Master

After the farm on Sunday, I asked Andrew how his afternoon/night was with the kids. It was “okay,” was his reply. “Just okay,” I queried? “Yes,” he insisted, sounding annoyed (which I so LOOOOVE to hear…sarcasm…) “It was neither good nor bad. Just average." Typical. I can’t leave for even a few hours without complaint. Ah well, that’s just the life of a beloved Mommy, I suppose.

Our awesome almost 5 year old is HEAVY into Star Wars (thanks again, Legos…),

so we were pumped to find out that the Spike Network was playing all six episodes…three this week, and three next week. Although slightly non-age-appropriate, M (or course) was HOOKED, which explains why Andrew described his evening the way he did. I finally got it out of him…


“M called me ‘Master’ tonight,” said Andrew.


“WHAT?” I said, “I don’t get it.”

“He poked his sister in the eye—“

“Wait, why?” I interrupted.

“He said he didn’t know why. But he poked her in the eye, and then when I told him to apologize to her, he said, ‘Yes Master,’ you know, like Darth Vader talking to Emperor Palpatine.


I yelled at him and told him he can call me ‘Dad’ or ‘Daddy’ but that’s it. The kid watches too many Lego Star Wars videos…”

I laughed. Sure, it was wrong that he poked his sister in the eye, but he was just acting like a big brother. Testing the limits. Annoying his sis. I mean, when my brother and I were little, I wished actual bodily harm on him. True story. And now I think the world of him, and I’m so happy I have him. Again, true story! But the punch line was when M called Andrew “Master.” Hahahahahahah wait…I can’t type. I’m laughing again.

Granted, when I have heard “Mama!” too many times in one day and tell the kids, “FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, I WANT YOU TO CALL ME PRETTY LADY!” M readily accepts the challenge. In fact, he (much like Chuck…grrr) will slip in an “I love you, Pretty Lady” when he sees his sister getting in trouble (even during non-sanctioned “Pretty Lady” times,) as if to underscore who the BEST child in the house is. Sorry Charlie, (pun intended) I love you both the same, no matter what.


I mean, whatever Andrew, let the boy act like an excited almost-5 year old who is watching Star Wars for the first time. And just to make sure you fully understand, I think I’ll wake you up in the middle of the night tonight, and whisper, “Help me Obi Won Kenobi, you’re my only hope!” The force is strong with me.


2 comments:

SuperMel said...

LOL. You guys crack me up. :)

lamandahugnkiss said...

Hey Pretty Lady,
I love that M loves Star Wars...awesome!