Now that about a month has passed since the first day of school, the parents are allowed to have lunch with their kids. The teachers asked that we wait a few weeks so the kids could establish their schedule, which is especially true for M since (according to my dad) the reason he is thriving is due to his love of “schedule and order.” But since M has informed me that his lunch room has already experienced MULTIPLE visitors (his words and emphasis…) I decided that I would make an impromptu appearance in the cafeteria tomorrow at approximately
That being said, and to honor M’s love of “routine,” I informed him, in advance, that I would be “lunching” with him tomorrow (clearly 11:00 am is WAY too early for me, I will snack on a South Beach bar instead and subject myself to the whispers of the other adults present… “BITCH.” Ha ha. I wasn’t sure what the other mommies would be wearing since, these days, my “uniform” most consistently is comprised of “booty shorts” and a tank top, or pajamas (Oh, how I *LOVE* being a stay at home mom!) and I was pretty sure “Daisy Dukes” are on the “Do Not Wear” list for Elementary School, so I asked M, “What would you like me to wear tomorrow?”
M, as always, waxed pensive, and really thought my query through.
“A very beautiful dress,” he spoke, and paused…
Yes! I can do that! I JUST bought a “very beautiful” dress (from the Belk’s Junior’s Department) that is slightly conservative (it’s black) and would look really super cute…
He finished his sentence…
“…and UNDERWEAR.”
My Mother, Father and I (who were all at the table eating dinner with M and V) exchanged sideward glances…they, with a twinkle in their eyes…and me with a horrified, apologetic, shoulder-shrugging frown. Another lesson in life...if our kids can't keep us honest, who can? I mean, we can’t ALL be classy, can we?
Panties or No Panties...Click Here
6 comments:
What? Are there "No Commando" signs posted at the entrance? Sheesh! What's next? No pasties at church?
hahahahahahahhahahahahahaaaaaaa!
I want to wear booty shorts to work and I can't. Darn it.
Love it!!!!!!!
I will receive no such request from my child, who needs to be prodded to wear panties (or clothes for that matter) much of the time. But, we also wear pajamas all day sometimes, so panties aren't really necessary...
My middle son likes to tell me find out what to wear so I don't embarrass him, but he's never had to remind me to wear my panties! Hehe!!
Hey, check my page out when you get a sec...you have a major award waiting for you. BTW I'm not wearing panties.
Post a Comment