We had such a HUMONGOUS blast at the beach, that we have decided to rent a house for a week next summer and do an all-out “surfer-style” vacation.
As anyone who has ever made the trek home from holiday, however long or short, knows…making your way back home to your “real” life and your “real” daily grind can be a little bit of a bummer…especially when the vacay you are leaving behind ROCKED.
But rather than dread the impending first day of Kindergarten (when my boy becomes a man) and “Three’s” preschool (when my 40 year old 3 year old continues to rule the world…complete with crown and scepter…) I did what any self-respecting, totally immature, potty-mouthed hot Momma would do…I made punchy jokes the whole way home to lift our moods…
A short way into our drive home, we passed an Exit Sign for a town called “Pinopolis.” I read the sign, and then said the word silently in my head…to me, it sounded like this: PEEN-a-pol-is. Ha ha. I said “Peen.” As in PEENis.
IMMEDIATELY, I started in with the giggles…my brain reacting to the word “Pinopolis” like a 10 year old saying “douche” for the first time. So stupid…SO FUNNY!
“Hey Big Daddy, I wanna go to PEENapolis later tonight…heh…heh…” thinking I was SO clever…positive Big D took no notice of the sign…or at least, had more maturity in his big toe than I have in my entire person.
But, without skipping a beat, Big Daddy responded…
“Well, that’s great, because I was hoping to spend a couple-a-nights in Vir-gina.”
We think alike. That’s why we’re married.

Note how Pinopolis thrusts forth, erect; a peninsula of pleasure, if you will, angling just slightly to the right. Should I be their next Director of Tourism, or WHAT?
Humor From Vacation deserves a click HERE

8 comments:
Glad you had a good vacation! Greetings from beautiful Virgina. :)
Loved the vacation pictures- wish it was closer so we could go!!!!
I grew up in Pennsylvania, where there is the unfortunately named Beaver, PA. As a teenager I delighted in the many ways local businesses incorporated the word Beaver into their signage. How can you not laugh when you see a place called Beaver Quik Lube.
I got lost in Beaver once on the way back from the airport...
LOL Glad you had a good time and found such a fun way to pass the time!
Hey, that's awesome! I mean you were just joking about Pinopolis when it turns out to be a phallic piece of land after all. (That map was real, right? No photoshopping or anything?)
The map is real. Yes, we were totally joking about Pinopolis...but then when we saw the actual map and location...OH BOY.
Sooo funny. We do the same kinds of things. Usually comments regarding food. Completely immature but hilarious.
Post a Comment