For the past few days, I have announced, repeatedly, that I would like to watch the most recent episode of Lost we have digitally recorded. Over and over again. Every night something has, ahem, come up, and we have subsequently missed watching TV. But last night, I was bound and determined to watch my damn show. Tonight.
Am I the only wife whose voice sometimes turns into the teacher from “Charlie Brown” while talking to her husband?
“Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah”
Sometimes he hears what I am saying:
“Wah do you feel wah wah wah wah wah SEX wah wah wah wah wah”
Until I have to repeat myself and it sounds more like,
“How do you feel about those Mormon Sects getting their kids taken away?”
It is not uncommon for me to repeat myself MULTIPLE times while communicating, especially when I say:
“I’m just letting you know, V is not wearing Hello Kitty; she wants to wear her new “June” from Little Einsteins panties.
But Big Daddy hears:
“I’m not wearing any panties.”
Now that’s a bless.
Chalking it up to nonsense-talk (no offense, Big D…but I tune you out sometimes, too…) I didn’t give it much thought. We just sat (as Andrew babbled on…) and watched Lost, as a teenaged girl in a poodle skirt danced to Buddy Holly. As per every episode, the audience experiences a build up leading to unexpected circumstances followed by a black screen with the title shot, the word L O S T, floating and spinning through space.
But as the title appeared, my concentration on the “fourth wall,” (google it) was disrupted by---
“What the f*ck? I thought we were watching La Bamba?”
Coming up…the cats teach the “hearing impaired” Andrew, Sign Language…
1 comment:
LOL. We've got it up here too..."wah wah wah [his name] wah wah wah [road trip] wah wah wah"
Post a Comment