Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tribute

In light of the "adoption" or rather, "Fine, you look pitiful sitting on my back terrace..."of our newest cat "Sparkle," I wish to elaborate on and quote my girl Susan G. in her moving tribute to Tatiana, the tiger who was gunned down by police after THREE MORONS taunted her. Can we GET those IDIOTS a DARWIN AWARD??? First of all, numnuts, it's a freakin' TIGER. Did you think she was just going to sit in her "enclosure" (I'm sure she's not already fired up about that...) with nothing but a lame, waterless mote separating her from you and your skinny selves? You were hardly even a meal to her...a GAZELLE would have been more satisfying. She went for the kill. That'll do, Tatiana. That'll do.

Why, WHY, do we keep gunning down CAPTIVE wild animals who act like, well, WILD ANIMALS? I watched a whole one-hour show about the tigers of the Sunderban in India. They TOTALLY eat humans. So why was Tatiana's attack such a surprise? Because she's supposed to act like a wax figure? Because now that she's in a zoo, she's supposed to exhibit stereotypical behavior, pacing around in circles because she lives in a lobotomizing enviroment, and yet her faculties are intact?

"Poor Tatiana, I wish she'd killed those three douche bags who provoked her." Well said, Susan. Well said.

R.I.P Tatiana

2 comments:

SuperMel said...

So Sparkle's in the house now? He must be in heaven!

lamandahugnkiss said...

Thanks Emily! I'm glad you agree.