Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"I don't know Blair, let's ask TOOTIE!"





These days (or should I say nights,) M and V take separate baths. Big Daddy took over the bulk of the “nightime rituals” in order to give me a well-needed and most deserved “break” at the end of my LONG day with the kids. However, I had to agree not to interfere, attempt to control or otherwise oversee his nightly performance. It’s not an age thing or a gender thing…the bathtime segregation was a direct result of Big Daddy’s inability to multitask with the kids; for together they are the true embodiment of “Double Trouble,” and well, BD was just not havin’ it. And subsequently, baths occur back to back, rather than face-to-face.

However, with the advent of change, and the fact that life is dynamic, I have been doing the bulk of the bathing (BOO! Momma needs a break…Oh well, that’s what wine’s for…) Luckily, Big Daddy has taught M to bathe himself, so his bath is kind of a “no-brainer,” but since V still requires assistance, I made the executive decision to go back to the bath duet. Thankfully, the kids enjoy having a playmate in the tub (other than myself…sigh…yes, they have turned me into a real life Barbie Mermaid Doll.)

Last night, after a long Tuesday, it was all I could do to get the kids in the tub for a bath. I was just in the next room folding laundry and getting jammies ready for bedtime and clothes ready for morning. I was tired, worn out really…frustrated, exasperated, bitter…in a sad way, looking for meaning in an otherwise monotonous day. This is what I heard from the bathroom:

V: M-th! M-th! [in her adorable Cindy Brady lisp] Put your head under the water! PUT YOUR HEAD UNDER THE WATER!

M: Okay! [Splash]

GURLP, GURLP, GURLP, [BUBBLE SOUNDS] SPLASH!

Both Kids: GIGGLES!

There is nothing as funny/simple and effective as a good, old fashioned, old-school move like farting in the bathtub. And KUDOS to V for getting her OLDER brother’s HEAD under the water BEFORE she TOOTED.



That’s our Pretty, Pretty Princess! And I was able to go to sleep myself, after a long day, with a smile. Life is good (after all!)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much.
My faith in human kind has been restored.
Kiddos rule! And so does your blogging!

SuperMel said...

LOL. Just wait till they learn the silent but deadly kind. Ask BD about the LeBaron driver's seat upholstery. Miss you!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Pretty Lady, you made me laugh (why do fart smell worse when they're made in a bathtub) and remember the time, in a lovely old in in Cornwall, clawfoot tub, candlelight and two adults in the tub...and my husband farted...i let that ruin the evening for me...I'd let it go and laugh now...lessons learned though too late.

In spite of that, your post made me smile...